Call for Symposia
We’re delighted to announce that the Society for Molecular Biology & Evolution is now accepting proposals for symposium topics for the 2022 Annual Meeting. The SMBE 2022 annual conference is to be held onsite in Tāmaki Makaurau / Auckland in Aotearoa / New Zealand from 10-14 July 2022. The deadline for symposia applications is 30 November 2021 (23:59 NZT).
Proposals will be reviewed by the committee with around 20-30 topics selected for inclusion within the scientific programme.
- 30 November 2021 (23:59 NZT) – Deadline for symposia applications
- 15 December 2021 – Symposia selection process concludes
- 20 January 2022 – Abstract submission system opens and selected symposia announced to Society
- 20 February 2022 (23:59 NZT) – Abstract submission system closes
- 28 April 2022 – Talks and posters finalized by SMBE reviewers
Proposals should span the range of interests of SMBE members, including exciting new scientific developments, and should represent the geographic and gender diversity of our membership.
Symposium Proposal Guidelines
Please review the following guidelines before submitting a Symposium Proposal:
- Individuals can only be listed as an organiser for one symposium proposal, although organisers can be listed as an invited speaker on another proposal
- Each symposium will include one invited speaker plus a number of contributed speaker
- The invited speaker included within a symposium should have verbally agreed to be involved before the proposal is submitted
- An individual can only give one talk at the SMBE meeting, so in the event that a speaker is invited to two successful symposium applications the organisers should consider a back up
- The Society provides some financial support to facilitate symposium organisers in attracting outstanding invited speakers
- Symposium organisers should provide a description of the symposium (250 words max) that will be made public if selected. The symposium organisers will also provide a description of how their proposal brings forward the SMBE’s objective of equity and diversity, as well as any additional information for the committee to make an informed review (250 words max).
- The symposia proposals selected for inclusion within the SMBE 2022 scientific programme will then be listed on the abstract submission portal, which will open on 20 January, 2022 for members to indicate that they would want their contributed talk to be featured in a specific symposia.
Please direct all questions regarding SMBE 2022 to the Conference Manager, Amelia Lowe, University of Auckland Event Services, at Amelia.Lowe@auckland.ac.nz
Days until Conference